Re: IDE

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: 2007-10-01 16:20:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le lundi 01 octobre 2007, Michael Glaesemann a écrit :
> That may be what he means. Unfortunately "develop PostgreSQL" can be
> taken both ways.
>
> In case he's working on internals, I believe Emacs is used by a
> number of PostgreSQL hackers. And as for developing PostgreSQL-backed
> applications, I find $EDITOR + psql to work quite well.

In this case the slides from Neil & Gavin presentation about PostgreSQL
hacking may be a good starting read:
http://neilconway.org/talks/hacking/

IIRC, they also mention cscope (there's a user friendly kscope GUI of it) to
easily browse code structures and call graphs.
http://cscope.sourceforge.net/
http://kscope.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps, regards,
--