Re: curious regression failures

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: curious regression failures
Date: 2007-09-21 01:13:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

> There might be another way to manage this, but we're not inventing
> a new invalidation mechanism for 8.3. This patch will have to be
> reverted for the time being :-(

Thanks. Seems it was a good judgement call to apply it only to HEAD,
after all.

In any case, at that point we are mostly done with the expensive steps
of vacuuming, so the transaction finishes not long after this. I don't
think this issue is worth inventing a new invalidation mechanism.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"La victoria es para quien se atreve a estar solo"