Hi. im new to postgresql.
Im tring to install it on debian.
1. where do I extract the postgresql-8.2.4.tar.gz file and build it?
2. do I need [or recommend I have] lreadline library?
- I tried to build it in /root but I got the error: "error: readline library
- Then I built it with the -without-readline option,
- then I typed gmake and I got "-bash: gmake: command not found"
- I then downloaded, unpacked, built and installed gnu make [all from the
/root directory], tried to run gmake again and got the "-bash: gmake:
command not found" response again.
This ive been at it all day with no result.
Ive searced forums, mailing lists and dogpile with no luck.
Im tring to install postgresql so I can then install mysource matrix CMS.
Am I unpacking them in the right directory?
Am I building/installing from the right directory? [does it matter where I
Any help or pointers in the right direction would be great.
pgsql-novice by date
|Next:||From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ||Date: 2007-09-17 09:20:29|
|Subject: Re: installation issues|
|Previous:||From: A Gilmore||Date: 2007-09-15 07:04:04|
|Subject: Re: import a .out file|