psql CLI: warn about ongoing transaction on exit

From: Martin Pitt <martin(at)piware(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psql CLI: warn about ongoing transaction on exit
Date: 2007-09-16 18:34:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello PostgreSQL developers,

we recently got a wishlist Debian bug [1] that asks for the psql
command line tool to "warn about an ongoing transaction on exit:

users=> begin;
BEGIN
[...]
users=> \q
$ ...

It would be really nice if psql prompted me whether I wanted to do
this. As it stands, it just rolls back the transaction."

Does this stand a chance to get implemented/accepted? I'm happy to
look into this and craft a patch if you would adopt it upstream.

Thanks,

Martin

Martin Pitt http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com