socket file missing

From: nus4u(at)gmx(dot)net
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: socket file missing
Date: 2007-09-14 09:24:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

i compiled postres 8.2.4, create a user and a database without an error.
I copied a startup skript to the init.d directory and make a chkconfig postgres. After that starting the database was no problem.
Today i restarted the whole PC and everything seems to be ok, the postgres server started and accepted connections via TCP.
BUT : I could not connect via psql for example.
Message :
> Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: No such file or directory Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

There was no file in the /tmp Directory !
I make a restart via the init skript and then everything was ok!
Again i restarted the whole PC and again the socket file was missing and a restarting via the init skript helps.

->Every Time i restart the socket file is missing !

I decrease the logs but could not find any error message !

Any hints why the socket is missing when i restart the PC ?
How can i solve this problem ?

Thanks for Help
Chris