Re: PGDay 2008

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGDay 2008
Date: 2007-09-06 11:13:18
Lists: pgeu-general
Hello all,

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 03:40:34PM +0200, Federico Campoli wrote:

> I don't have problem having PGDay spread around europe, but I think
> that the italian market need an event where community and companies
> can meet and share knowledge.
>
> How sound an europgday (the domain is free) rotating around europe
> every year and leaving the PGDay event for the local communities?

i like this discussion and i'm open for this idea(s).

But you should consider: how many local PG groups in Europe have the
ressources for such a (local) event in addition to one big european
event? We in Germany definitely not.  Italy? Yes, they already proofed
it ;-) France maybe? Uk?
Imho thats a very short list for local events.

And you should also consider there are other events like FOSDEM,
Linuxday, LWE, ... which we plan to attend. We don't have enough people
around to manage all this events.

Maybe we should first start with one european PostgreSQL event p.a.
and if the community (not only the visitor number) grows, we can start
thinking again about more local events.

By the way: we don't even have achived all topics from PGDay 2007 in
Prato, especially we still don't have a legal organization for EU.

Kind regards

--
				Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group