Re: PGDay 2008

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGDay 2008
Date: 2007-09-05 23:17:14
Lists: pgeu-general
On Wednesday 05 September 2007 15:40:34 Federico Campoli wrote:
> How sound an europgday (the domain is free) rotating around europe
> every year and leaving the PGDay event for the local communities?

i couldn't agree more with this proposition.

Another reason not to use the "pgday" term for international conferences is
that it actually cost a lot of time, money and CO2 to move through Europe so
my point is that it's not worth traveling if it's for a single day. I think
we all agree that international meetings should last at least a few days,
hence i guess "pgday"  is a bit confusing

btw i think we should give a name to this international rotating event to
avoid further ambiguity. What about "Postgres Open European Meeting" ? ;-)

Regards

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com