Re: Request to add EnterpriseDB Postgres to Download page

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Request to add EnterpriseDB Postgres to Download page
Date: 2007-09-05 05:06:18
Lists: pgsql-www
Robert,

> Josh, if there is a standard package mechanism for getting these on solaris
> akin to yum/apt/portage or similar, I think it should be added to the
> download page along with other OS package management links.

Heh.  Haven't you read about "Project Indiana"?  As of today, Solaris has no
packaging system other than the Solaris Updates -- that's the cause du jour
at Sun.

We are planning on providing packages via ftp.postgresql.org for Solaris
Nevada as soon as our Release Engineer can commit do doing them within 72
hours of new PostgreSQL releases.  Soon, really.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun