Fwd: [pgsql-jobs] DB Engineer with OO development background in San Francisco, CA

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: [pgsql-jobs] DB Engineer with OO development background in San Francisco, CA
Date: 2007-09-04 21:06:57
Lists: sfpug

FYI, all:

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: [pgsql-jobs] DB Engineer with OO development background in San
Francisco, CA
Date: Tuesday 04 September 2007 13:27
From: "Peter Carrubba" <Peter(dot)Carrubba(at)admios(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org

What are we looking for?

We need a PostgreSQL database developer to work on extending our existing
warehouses and various applications into more scalable platforms.  You
will collaborate with our software architects to develop solutions for
both our transactional applications and reporting suites. For the former
you'll need to be familiar with producing clean designs that can easily
be communicated with the development team. For the latter you'll need
experience optimizing large data sets so that our reports are both
correct and timely. You are familiar with or are interested in working in
an iterative Agile driven environment.

Necessary Background:
o Hands on experience with complex, large database design with PostgreSQL
o Experience with modeling for ORM driven applications, preference to
Hibernate/nHibernate o Experience with N tiered systems
o Ability and avid interest in learning new skills and technologies

Background given extra consideration
o Experience with large data warehouses
o Experience in Financial Services arena
o Development experience with .Net or J2EE
o Any OO oriented programming
o Ability and interest in communicating, not the silent sit in the corner
type o Team management experience

Technologies you have interest in, or have worked with (better)
* PostgreSQL, C#, Hibernate/nHibernate, Flex, Ruby on Rails

On a personal level you are naturally inquisitive and want to know how
things work.  You are flexible when it comes to an evolving office and
want to contribute to a team that values airing every member's opinion,
regardless of whether or not things swing your way. While confident in
your identity you are at a minimum tolerant of a myriad of lifestyles,
attitudes, and differences on social issues. Optimally you enjoy San
Francisco's diversity, free thinking people, and the opportunity to
engage a variety of differing opinions.

Why Admios?
We have innovative projects underway using Ruby on Rails, AJAX, Macromedia
Flex, .Net, and Java.  We develop in an Agile model exposing you to
customer challenges rather than building apps in a vacuum. We offer an
immersion in challenging technologies in increasing demand. Build your
resume with skills and challenges that are  growing in the marketplace.

We aren't a start-up whose technology will never actually launch, nor are
we a sluggish corporate environment whose name sounds great but where
you'll be pigeon-holed in a business unit.  We build software that gets
used, with tight release cycles, and direct user feedback.  The stuff you
build today will be in use in under a month.  Moreover the tools we build
are used to manage billions of dollars.  These tools matter, perhaps even
more than the next networking nerd connector.  Don't get us wrong .....
we like nerds.

About Admios
Admios was founded in 2005 by two veterans of the San Francisco software
development community, Peter Carrubba and Kelly Ross. Their team is
comprised of Computer Science and Design graduates with backgrounds in
start-up companies as well as commercial object oriented programming
portfolios. They have a strong belief and assets in Agile development,
and a mantra that a strong company only comes with the right people.
Admios is financially strong, and doesn't require any "next series" of
financing to remain that way.

To apply

Write an email and a brief explanation of what attracted you to our
posting, why you are appropriate, and attach a resume

www.Admios.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Peter Carrubba
Admios