Re: Problem with character encodings.

From: Ivo Rossacher <rossacher(at)bluewin(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with character encodings.
Date: 2007-08-30 20:57:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Am Mittwoch, 29. August 2007 08:59 schrieb Korumilli, Bala S (GE Healthcare):
If the client_encoding is UTF8 you need to confert the strings in your c++
code to UTF8.
The other options to adjust the client_encoding to the encoding the client
machine uses and let the server convert from and to UTF8 for you. This would
your client program require to anlyze the encoding of the system and send set
client_encoding to '<found encoding>';  to the server.
See chapter 21 in the manual for more details about the issue.

Best regards
Ivo