Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki
Date: 2007-08-05 08:08:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Well I would have thought so, but as you seem to be using it as an argument for managing and publishing information on a wiki I'm really not sure.

> We do indeed need sponsor management, I can either do it the hard way,
> which is to draw up a new page every time or I can do it the easy way in
> which to have a dynamic interface that is easy to manage.
>
> The hard way, is exactly why we have neglected our partners (sponsors)
> to date, because of time, and resources. It is also the exact same
> reason that Berkus has *also* not provided a new sponsors page.

So when was the last time you asked for an update?

And even if it did become a chore, we would move it into the database (trivial for us), not use a wiki. That way we could keep the confidential info confined to the admin interface.

/D