pgpool2 vs sequoia

From: mljv(at)planwerk6(dot)de
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgpool2 vs sequoia
Date: 2007-08-02 09:58:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

i would like to use a statement replication for postgresql

i have found the following solutions:
- pgpool
- pgpool2
- sequoia (jdbc, formerly known as c-jdbc)

pgpool has only two nodes, so this is not an option.

I will never change my underlying database, of course :-)
So i dont have any advantage of the sequoia jdbc abstraction. i'd rather
sometimes use other tools than jdbc to access the database with some perl
scripts, so this is an advantage for pgpool2. but sequoia looks very nice at
first glance.

What are other advantages/disadvantages in respect of
- performance/scalability
- stability
- support / ease-of-use / etc.

i would be very happy if someone can share his/her expierence with such a
solution.

kind regards,
janning