Re: Machine available for community use

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Machine available for community use
Date: 2007-07-31 17:16:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Folks,

Hey, this is looking like a serious case of "Bike Shedding".  That is, a dozen
people are arguing about what color to paint the bike shed instead of getting
it built.[1]

Given that there are much more substantial issues: what performance software
to install and how to install it, how to set up authentication and
time-sharing for running tests, whether we can set up automated perf testing,
getting money so some of our unfunded performance developers can work on it,
etc., is the "which Linux distro" question worth spending our time on?

[1] http://www.bikeshed.com/

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun