Re: timestamp to date and time column migration

From: Bill Totman <totman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: timestamp to date and time column migration
Date: 2007-07-29 20:56:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sunday 29 July 2007 15:20, you wrote:
> > I created a table where I used a timestamp type column and after
> > inserting
> > about 300 entries into this table I would now rather have two separate
> > columns for that data: one for just the date and the other for just
> > the time.
>
> Why? What problem are you trying to solve?

I was wanting to make it simple to select entries by time (of day).

Is there a function that will do the same?

(I have been able to copy the database to another name and with the data
portion of a backup of the original and make the desired changes there. I
wasn't going to make the changes to the 'production' database until I heard
from the list.)

Thank you for your input,
Bill Totman