Re: Slow query with backwards index scan

From: andrew(at)pillette(dot)com
To: Tilmann Singer <tils-pgsql(at)tils(dot)net>
Cc: andrew(at)pillette(dot)com, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow query with backwards index scan
Date: 2007-07-28 20:43:58
Lists: pgsql-performance
As other posters have pointed out, you can overcome the ORDER BY/LIMIT restriction on UNIONs with parentheses. I think I misbalanced the parentheses in my original post, which would have caused an error if you just copied and pasted.

I don't think the limitation has to do with planning--just parsing the query.

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Tilmann SingerDate: 2007-07-28 20:54:50
Previous:From: Bruno Rodrigues SiqueiraDate: 2007-07-28 20:12:10
Subject: RES: select on 1milion register = 6s