Re: postgresql-tcl

From: L Bayuk <lbayuk(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: jlt(at)wvinter(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql-tcl
Date: 2007-07-28 19:47:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 03:49:02PM -0400, JLT wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to use the libpgtcl in the OS X 10.4.9 system
> When I try load libpgtcl  it tells me it is not a dylib
>
> TEST
> jlt$ tclsh8.4
> % load /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so
> no suitable image found.  Did find:
>        /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so: not a dylib

There are 3 Tcl interfaces to PostgreSQL, all hosted on pgfoundry.org.

pgintcl is my pure-Tcl version. You might want to try it at least to get
started, as it should run anywhere you have Tcl.

For best performance, use one of the C implementations: pgtcl or pgtclng.
(Both of these compile into "libpgtcl", by the way.)
But these will need to be compiled for your system type. Pgtclng is mine,
but I don't have access to an OS X system so I can't test it or build it
for OS X. The Pgtcl project might have a libpgtcl built for your OS X.

Where did your libpgtcl.so come from?