Re: disk filling up

From: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>
To: "Brandon Shalton" <brandon(at)cydataservices(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: disk filling up
Date: 2007-07-26 13:34:32
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Hello all,
>
> My hard disk is filling up in the /base  directory  to where it has consumed
> all 200gig of that drive.
>
> All the posts that i see keep saying move to a bigger drive, but at some
> point a bigger drive would just get consumed.
>
> How can i keep the disk from filling up other than get like a half TB setup
> just to hold the ./base/*  folder

Are you vacuuming regularly?  What is the output of vacuum verbose.

If table bloat (fixed by correctly vacuuming) is not your problem, then
you either need to implement a data expiration policy to get rid of
old data, or increase the amount of storage to accommodate the data
you want to keep.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.