compiling C Funktion for PostgreSQL

From: Jürgen Ulrich <juergen(dot)ulrich(at)etourism-austria(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: compiling C Funktion for PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-07-17 07:12:57
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

I have a problem with the postgreSQL Source Code when I compile the
fuzzystrmatch.c. I want to try to replace all german umlauts for the soundex
algorithm. But when I want to compile the C Code, I get an error on the
following line in the fuzzystrmatch.c:

PG_MODULE_MAGIC;

And here is the error I get:

In function 'Pg_magic_func': 'PG_VERSION_NUM' undeclared (first use in
function)

The PG_VERSION_NUM is defined in the fmgr.h of the PostgreSQL Source Code:

/* Definition of the magic block structure */
typedef struct
{
    int            len;            /* sizeof(this struct) */
    int            version;        /* PostgreSQL major version */
    int            funcmaxargs;    /* FUNC_MAX_ARGS */
    int            indexmaxkeys;    /* INDEX_MAX_KEYS */
    int            namedatalen;    /* NAMEDATALEN */
} Pg_magic_struct;

/* The actual data block contents */
#define PG_MODULE_MAGIC_DATA \
{
    sizeof(Pg_magic_struct),
    PG_VERSION_NUM / 100,
    FUNC_MAX_ARGS,
    INDEX_MAX_KEYS,
    NAMEDATALEN
}

Can anyone help me to figure out this problem?

Thanks in advance

Jürgen Ulrich

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Peter ElmersDate: 2007-07-17 07:25:51