Re: select from table and add rows.

From: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: select from table and add rows.
Date: 2007-07-06 16:35:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Friday 06 July 2007 16:02, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 02:25:08PM +0100, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > This sets up an array with some pseudo values and then populates it with
> > *proper* values from a table.
> >
> > How's the best way to do this all within SQL.
>
> I'm obviously not understanding the question properly, because I
> think you want ot set up a PHP array with values from your table,
> without using PHP. Which would of course make no sense. Do you
> mean, how do you populate an array data type with data from individual
> database columns?

I want to be able to do away with the first line of the code, and create a
select statement that would generate the three rows first, followed by the
rows from the table I'm using. I want to be able to do the same job without
having to pre-load the array.

In other words, what's the best way to inject pre-defined rows into a select
statement.

--
Gary Stainburn