setObject type for Interval objects

From: David Goodenough <david(dot)goodenough(at)btconnect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: setObject type for Interval objects
Date: 2007-06-28 09:58:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I have an SQL SELECT which contains an expressions of the form:-

WHERE created < CURRENT_TIMESTAMP - ?

where created is a TIMESTAMP field. As a parameter I want to pass
an interval, so I used:-

PGInterval interval = new PGInterval( intervalPeriod);
stmt.setObject( 1, interval);

but Postgresql objects with:-

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Can't infer the SQL type to use for an
instance of org.postgresql.util.PGInterval. Use setObject() with an explicit
Types value to specify the type to use.

So I guess I need the three parameter setObject, but I do not know what
type to pass to the third parameter. I have googled, but to no avail (I
obviously asked the wrong question).

David