Re: remove unused "caller" arg from stringToQualifiedNameList

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: remove unused "caller" arg from stringToQualifiedNameList
Date: 2007-06-25 18:25:31
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > This function seems to have an argument that is no longer used (probably
> > leftover from when it used to report an error message?).
>
> Yeah, I recall having left the argument in place because it seemed like
> we might want it again someday.  But that was for 7.4 which was awhile
> ago.  There's probably not a strong argument to keep it, but on the
> other hand is there a strong argument to remove it?

Other than removing cruft, nope, I don't see any ...

In any case, this is an exported symbol so maybe it's not a good idea to
mess with it.  OTOH I checked PL/R and PL/php and neither uses it, so
this may not be a problem at all.

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"The ability to monopolize a planet is insignificant