Re: Preliminary GSSAPI Patches

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "Henry B(dot) Hotz" <hbhotz(at)oxy(dot)edu>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Preliminary GSSAPI Patches
Date: 2007-06-22 16:29:51
Lists: pgsql-patches

* Magnus Hagander (magnus(at)hagander(dot)net) wrote:
> We enable the setting of the service name in the server configuration
> file, but we never use that variable anywhere. We do, however, use the
> service name on the client, in order to pick the correct key (and
> turning this off makes GSSAPI no longer work).
>
> If this is correct, we should not enable that parameter on the server.
> If it's not correct, we should be using it somewhere.

Uh, shouldn't you be acquiring the server credentials before accepting
the context? That'd be done using gss_acquire_cred(), which takes the
service name (in gss_name_t structure) as an argument. That would then
be passed in to gss_accept_sec_context() instead of using
GSS_C_NO_CREDENTIAL (in port->gss->cred). I'm kind of suprised it's
working without that and rather curious as to what it's doing under the
hood to make that happen. :/

Thanks,

Stephen