Regular express question

From: David Goodenough <david(dot)goodenough(at)btconnect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regular express question
Date: 2007-06-22 08:42:18
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a table that consists of a set of regular expressions, a priority
and a result. I need to be able to match field in another table against
the set of regular expressions (ordered by priority) and use the first result.

Reading the documentation I can see how to put the regular expression
into an SQL statement (that is as text or a ? which my code provides) but
I can not see how to get the expression from the table.

David