BUG #3399: Compatibility issue of the bytea field type

From: "Bing Xia" <bxia(at)alpha(dot)ipswitch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3399: Compatibility issue of the bytea field type
Date: 2007-06-20 21:16:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3399
Logged by:          Bing Xia
Email address:      bxia(at)alpha(dot)ipswitch(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
Operating system:   MS Windows Serve 2003 Standard Edition SP1
Details:

We use PostgreSQL 8.1.x as our server backend DB. In one table, we store all
the certificates. The data type for the certificates is bytea. Everything
works fine. However, after we upgrade to PostgreSQL 8.2.4. as we use the
exact same code to query the certificates, we only retrieve the part of the
certificates. It seems that the resultant certificates are never bigger than
256 bytes.

Since we have not changed anything in the data access layer except the
PostgreSQL upgrade, we think it could be a defect in the latest PostgreSQL.

Thanks for any feedback.

Bing

pgsql-bugs by date

Subject: Re: BUG #3396: strange error report for 'create domain ... default null'