Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

From: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Date: 2007-06-19 17:32:14
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:58:26 -0400
Francisco Reyes <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com> wrote:
> Campbell, Lance writes:
> > 3) I suggested JavaScript because most people that get started with
> > PostgreSQL will go to the web in order to find out about issues relating
>
> Why not c?

Why not whatever and install it on www.PostgreSQL.org? Is there any
reason that this tool would need to be run on every installation. Run
it on the site and it can always be up to date and can be written in
whatever language is easiest to maintain on the mother system.

I would also like to make a pitch for a JavaScript-free tool. Just
collect all the pertinent information, work it out and display the
results in a second page. Some people just don't like JavaScript and
turn it off even if we can run it in our browser.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net> | Democracy is three wolves