Using INET types in prepared statements in Java?

From: "LITTLE Nelson" <nelson(dot)little(at)tenix(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using INET types in prepared statements in Java?
Date: 2007-06-13 05:58:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I am trying to create a prepared statement in JAVA via JDBC and one of
the parameters I need to set in the SQL statement is of type INET. As
there is no setInet() method how do I pass in the INET value into the
sql statement?

I have tried this:

"     WHERE b.ip = ?::inet"

But I get "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: cannot cast type
character varying to inet"

I also tried

"     WHERE b.ip = ?"

And I get "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: cannot cast type
character varying to inet"

I really want to use prepared statement as I have to run this SQL
statement over and over and it is supposed to be more efficient.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Nelson

Disclaimer :
The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are intended only
for the person or entity to which this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not,
or believe you may not be, the intended recipient, please advise the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.
Tenix does not warrant nor guarantee that this email communication is free
from errors, virus, interception or interference.

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Achilleas MantziosDate: 2007-06-13 06:59:23
Previous:From: Nathan.KeynesDate: 2007-06-13 03:36:54
Subject: Error reporting issue in SimpleParameterList