Re: Why the elephant?

From: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why the elephant?
Date: 2007-06-11 17:25:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> Jim Nasby wrote:
> > On Jun 8, 2007, at 9:05 AM, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> >> additionally Elephants are known to be gentle to their surroundings.
> >
> > Huh? Is that before or after they've knocked trees down to feed? :)
>
> Considering they can run 20 miles an hour (faster than the average
> human) they can knock down as many trees as they want, as long as they
> aren't chasing me.

Based on the responses to this, perhaps we should add to the list of
reasons: "Because elephants kick ass!"

I can see the TV commercial in my head, Elephant is stomping on a dolphin,
announcer says, "PostgreSQL, because elephants kick more ass than
dolphins."

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com