BUG #3329: Issue with INSERT INTO for japanese katakana characters.

From: "Thekkayil Joy Thomas" <thekkayiljoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3329: Issue with INSERT INTO for japanese katakana characters.
Date: 2007-06-01 05:47:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3329
Logged by: Thekkayil Joy Thomas
Email address: thekkayiljoy(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 08.02.0100
Operating system: Windows 2000 Server Japanese
Details:

INSERT INTO statement fails through SQLExecDirect() for a varchar field
where the value ends with japanese katakana character tsu ''

I tried to run a statement from the application(VC 7 win32 console
application).

INSERT INTO Sample_TABLE (Field1) Values('');

This fails. The result persist for any other japanese string ending with
''.

I'm using odbc driver 'psqlodbc35w.dll' of 8.2.1.0 version. I upgraded it to
8.2.4.0. Still no change.

The server_encoding is set to UTF8. Client_encoding is set to UNICODE in the
database.

However the insertion is successful while trying to insert from pgadmin.exe.
And the same fails using SQLExecDirect().