Re: PostgreSQL Training?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Training?
Date: 2007-06-01 02:30:50
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Tuesday 29 May 2007 09:58, Joshua Kramer wrote:
> Also note that RedHat does PostgreSQL training:
> Note, however, that this is "RedHat Database" training.  "RedHat Database"
> was a rebranded PostgreSQL 7.3.4 introduced back around 2004; so I'm not
> sure if this training would include anything that is "Postgres Generic"
> or any features introduced after 7.3.4.

While we're following up, I'd note that OmniTI does training as well, though
we tend to focus on technical services rather than strict training like a Big
Nerd Ranch.  Also be sure to check the main page at, where
we list all sorts of training classes.

On Friday 18 May 2007 15:11, Chris Hoover wrote:
> Also, has anyone ever created the equivalence of Oracle Certification for
> PostgreSQL?  Just thought if I'm going to pay for training, it would be
> nice to end up with a cert to show for all the monies spent. :)

SRA created a program back in the 7.4 days (I'm certified woohoo!), though I'm
not sure it is still activly offered in the USA (I believe it is in Japan
though). HTH

Robert Treat