Re: PostgreSQL Training?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Training?
Date: 2007-06-01 02:30:50
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Tuesday 29 May 2007 09:58, Joshua Kramer wrote:
> Also note that RedHat does PostgreSQL training:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/training/developer/courses/rdb147.html
>
> Note, however, that this is "RedHat Database" training.  "RedHat Database"
> was a rebranded PostgreSQL 7.3.4 introduced back around 2004; so I'm not
> sure if this training would include anything that is "Postgres Generic"
> or any features introduced after 7.3.4.

While we're following up, I'd note that OmniTI does training as well, though
we tend to focus on technical services rather than strict training like a Big
Nerd Ranch.  Also be sure to check the main page at www.postgresql.org, where
we list all sorts of training classes.

On Friday 18 May 2007 15:11, Chris Hoover wrote:
> Also, has anyone ever created the equivalence of Oracle Certification for
> PostgreSQL?  Just thought if I'm going to pay for training, it would be
> nice to end up with a cert to show for all the monies spent. :)

SRA created a program back in the 7.4 days (I'm certified woohoo!), though I'm
not sure it is still activly offered in the USA (I believe it is in Japan
though). HTH

--
Robert Treat