Re: Ohio LinuxFest 2007 CFS

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ohio LinuxFest 2007 CFS
Date: 2007-05-31 14:51:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 10:30:35AM -0400, Joshua Kramer wrote:

> I actually work in Columbus - used to live there, now live an hour away.
> Unfortunately I don't have enough in-depth experience (yet) related to PG
> to give a PG-specific talk.

Perhaps you could give a talk there (or someone could anywhere!)
about the "gotchas" involved in picking up Postgres. I know that
some things are probably now "obvious" to me that one time threw me
for a loop. I just don't know what they are any more. :) Someone
talking about that with fresh eyes might be helpful to the community.

However important originality may be in some fields, restraint and
adherence to procedure emerge as the more significant virtues in a
great many others. --Alain de Botton