Re: High Avaliable in the PostgreSQL.

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: High Avaliable in the PostgreSQL.
Date: 2007-05-30 22:26:57
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 06:12:02PM -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> Sure it can be done.  Get two SANs that support replication, redundant
> high-speed WAN links, high end servers, large UPSs, and generators.

Most SANs that I've seen aren't in "geographically separate"
locations in the way most think of this.  It's usually metronet --
it's not even a different city.  That's a poor disaster prevention
strategy, although it might be worth it as step one.  (If you can
take the latency, of course, you can make this go further, but true
both-coast solutions, for instance, will make the latency such that
users will certainly be able to see it.)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca
However important originality may be in some fields, restraint and
adherence to procedure emerge as the more significant virtues in a
great many others.   --Alain de Botton