Re: buildfarm failures after pgstat patch

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: buildfarm failures after pgstat patch
Date: 2007-05-27 11:24:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 01:45:45AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, just saw that myself. Fixed the backend-side problem, but it
> would be interesting to find out what ECPG is doing that wasn't exposed
> by the core regression tests ... maybe we need another regression test.

Don't see anything that special before the backend crashes. Seems to
crash on the very first insert that is done after settign datestyle to
iso.

> Also, for me the ecpg "variable" test case seemed to go into an infinite
> loop when the backend dies at this stage; that seems like a lack of
> robustness on ECPG's part.

Don't worry, it's not an ECPG problem. The regression test just had a
bad way to check for errors. I might have to check all tests again,
because they were doen to check the stuff in ecpg and might not take a
backend crash into regard at all.

Simple problem this time was that the test only printed out errors and
not stopped.

Fixed in HEAD.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org