Re: cluster test

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cluster test
Date: 2007-05-25 21:21:15
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 12:09:43PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> This is in the regression database after a completed regression run, so
> it's possible that it's a bit different state from what's seen at the
> instant the cluster test was running, but it sure looks like the
> "expected" results are what you get from a seqscan. Would you force a
> seqscan and see what EXPLAIN shows as the cost on your machine?

I have appended the relevant parts of the modified cluster script.
I haven't pointed out clear enough that I'm running this against a fresh
database cluster, no vacuum, no other databases, no config changes, just initdb,
postmaster startup and installcheck. I usually have es_ES(at)euro here but I
get the same with locale C.

Feel free to ask for more output.

Oh, btw, its a regular 32bit box as well.

Joachim

Attachment Content-Type Size
cluster.out text/plain 1.8 KB