Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues

From: Norberto Meijome <sys(at)meijome(dot)net>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>
Cc: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Date: 2007-05-25 05:09:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, 17 May 2007 16:52:34 -0400
"Gavin M. Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com> wrote:

> I think for one, mysql uses tables for all of its access control. Coding
> plesk/cpanel to modify pg_hba.conf and rehup postgres would take a bit more
> work, I would imagine.

at least for plesk, it already does all kinds of those kinds of modifications
on system files. All the information is backed in psa's own dB, and then
written out. I dont think it'd be anything new for swsoft to handle. Anyway,
they already support pgsql, so it may be already done.
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Bug: a feature that can't be turned off.

Warned.