Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS
Date: 2007-05-25 00:39:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 03:25:52PM -0400, A.M. wrote:
> Wouldn't it be a cool feature to persists transaction states
> across connections so that a new connection could get access to a sub-
> transaction state?

You could do this using an incredibly evil, carefully implemented
hack in a connection pool. I'm shuddering at the thought of it, to
be honest, so details are left as an exervisse for the reader.

A certain description of men are for getting out of debt, yet are
against all taxes for raising money to pay it off.
--Alexander Hamilton