Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Date: 2007-05-22 15:45:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 07:57:57AM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> It's far from clear to me that creating a high-value target with
> catastrophic cascading failure modes--a single sign-on system is an
> example of this--is a design goal we should "help" people implement.

Well, remember, this thread started with claims that Postgres was too
hard to use with CPanel and Plesk. So if the goal is to make that
less painful, that needn't entail that everyone has to use some
single-sign-on mechanism. (I'll also note that systems without
single sign on have plenty of equivalently bad failure modes. Any
time you let people into computers, you start to have a problem.)

Users never remark, "Wow, this software may be buggy and hard
to use, but at least there is a lot of code underneath."
--Damien Katz