BUG #3297: psql won't open

From: ";John D(dot) Tiedeman" <jdtiede(at)bellsouth(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3297: psql won't open
Date: 2007-05-22 14:57:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3297
Logged by:          ;John D. Tiedeman
Email address:      jdtiede(at)bellsouth(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system:   Linux (Kubuntu 7.4)
Details:

Errer message says at least one client package must be installed. I had been
using it for several days when I tried to use pg_dump. I haven't been able
to find the dump output but perhaps I haven't looked in the right place. The
Find facility of the OS doesn't working normally when the user is postgres.

When I do
     su - postgres
     psql <any db>
I get the above error message. I tried removing and reinstalling the client
package and still get the error message.

pgsql-bugs by date