Senior PostgreSQL DBA for Etsy.com

From: Haim Schoppik <haim(at)etsy(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Senior PostgreSQL DBA for Etsy.com
Date: 2007-05-22 12:52:30
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Etsy is seeking a bright and seasoned PostgreSQL DBA to be in charge
of our databases. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated
to work in a fast paced small team environment. You will be involved
in creating, maintaining and managing high availability PostgreSQL
databases in a Linux environment.

Primary responsibilities include:
   * Managing 24/7/365 high availability PostgreSQL databases
   * Responsible for database data integrity
   * Work closely with the development team to design optimal database
schemas and stored procedures
   * Work closely with System Operations to research and plan optimal
hardware for growth
   * Proactively research and avert database related issues

Qualifications:
   * Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
   * 5-7 years PostgreSQL or related DB administration experience
   * 2+ years in a 24/7/365 environment
   * Experience tuning Linux to get the best performance possible for
PostgreSQL
   * PostgreSQL configuration and performance tuning experience
   * Experience in terabyte-sized OLTP environment
   * Experience with database layouts on high performance disk subsystems
   * Experience working with PostgreSQL backups
   * Experience performing a full restore to a PostgreSQL database
using dumps and transaction logs. Disaster Recovery Experience
   * Experience with DB replication, clustering, and table partitioning
   * Excellent SQL and PLpgSQL skills
   * Knowledge of Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, and Types
   * Understand use of Normalization and Denormalization, benefits of each
   * Networking Experience - TCP/IP Database Connectivity (JDBC, ODBC, etc.)
   * Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
   * Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive
to team development
   * Perl/Python/Shell scripting

Full details available at http://blog.etsy.com/jobs/index.html

I'll be at PGcon 2007 if you're interested in meeting me and learing
more.  Feel free to drop me a line directly at haim ( at ) etsy ( dot
) com.

- H

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Andreas KostyrkaDate: 2007-05-22 15:31:40