Senior Postgresql DBA for Hi5 Networks

From: Paul Lindner <lindner(at)inuus(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Senior Postgresql DBA for Hi5 Networks
Date: 2007-05-21 22:25:49
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Hi,

I work at Hi5 where we run on 50+ high-powered Postgresql Database
Servers.  We're looking for someone to take ownership of the entire
Architecture.  This is a great opportunity at a profitable company
that's in the top-20 of all Alexa sites.

Responsibilities:

    * Design, document, and monitor the Postgres Database server
      architecture
    * Develop standards and procedures for maintenance and
      modification of database platforms
    * Provide direction in capacity planning, performance
      improvements, and storage management in partnership with Operations
      Engineers and Development teams
    * Plan and support the implementation of major architectural
      changes
    * Investigate and implement high-availability solutions to achieve
      uptime goals
    * Develop back-up and recovery procedures, including testing
      back-ups and data integrity
    * Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring,
      troubleshooting and resolution of issues.

Requirements:

    * 2+ years database administration experience with Postgres on a
      Linux platform
    * 5+ years total database administration experience (any major DB
      system)
    * Extensive SQL knowledge
    * Extensive experience with Data Model analysis and database
      indexing concepts
    * Experience with database replication techniques, complexities,
      automation and monitoring
    * Experience implementing high-availability solutions for
      databases
    * Experience with data warehousing is a plus
    * Strong verbal and written communication skills
    * Flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle
      competing priorities
    * BS degree in computer science or related field

Full details here: http://www.hi5networks.com/jobs/postgres_dba.html

Respond to plindner(at)hi5(dot)com or jobs(at)hi5(dot)com for fastest service.

Regards,
Paul

--
Paul Lindner        ||||| | | | |  |  |  |   |   |
lindner(at)inuus(dot)com

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Haim SchoppikDate: 2007-05-22 12:52:30