Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size

From: Johann Spies <jspies(at)sun(dot)ac(dot)za>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size
Date: 2007-05-15 10:50:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

* Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> [070514 16:36]:

> If Postgres was built with debug symbols it would be useful to get a
> stack trace to try to figure out more about what's happening. If you
> want to try that, attach to the backend with gdb while the COPY is
> running, then do
>
> $ gdb /path/to/postgres PID-of-backend

Which pg-process? The Postmaster or psql? I have done this for the
Postmaster now but
> gdb> b errfinish
> gdb> cont
> ... wait for breakpoint to be hit ...

This did not happen although the error occurred (after a few hours).

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God,
believe also in me." John 14:1