Re: Event Spam..???

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Event Spam..???
Date: 2007-05-12 12:28:09
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 04:09:27PM -0400, Chander Ganesan wrote:

> There is a good medium - charge (donate) for front page spaces (and just
> divide the donation amount by the time until the course and give the
> highest ratio the best spots) and leave the "training event" page in
> chronological order (or do a google and put the "sponsored" ones at the
> top in a different color, etc)

That's pretty thin ice we're on, as I understand it. Making a direct
link between announcement position and how much someone paid is in
fact a case of selling paid advertising, and that's a sticky area for
a non-profit to be in.

This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
--Dennis Ritchie