JavaOne input

From: Quinn Weaver <quinn(at)fairpath(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JavaOne input
Date: 2007-05-11 22:40:02
Lists: sfpug
Since I worked the booth at JavaOne on Thursday, some attendees
assumed I was the face of PostgreSQL, and made comments that they
asked me to pass on to the larger community.  So here goes:

Jason Gilmore <jason(at)apress(dot)com> is the Open-Source Editor at Apress.
He is looking for someone to write an "Advanced PostgreSQL" book.
He's interested in contributions on multi-master setups, Slony,
et cetera.  Apress is located in Berkeley.

Philippe Ombredanne <pombredanne(at)nexb(dot)com> works on Eclipse.  He
wants to know if there's interest in having an Eclipse "mode" for
interacting with postgres.  If he can get interest and use cases,
he might be able to provide programming resources.  (Eclipse already
has a "mode" for MySQL, which you can check out if you want to see
what he has in mind.)

Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)com> said he really wants to see time travel
implemented.  He's posted postgres list(s) in the past but encountered
little response.  He runs a small IS/IT business and would be willing
to chip in $1000 towards the effort--admittedly not much, but he hopes
that others might share his interest.

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/

sfpug by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2007-05-14 21:11:36