Re: autovacuum does not start in HEAD

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: autovacuum does not start in HEAD
Date: 2007-05-02 01:57:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> I wrote:
> > I found that autovacuum launcher does not launch any workers in HEAD.
>
> The attached autovacuum-fix.patch could fix the problem. I changed
> to use 'greater or equal' instead of 'greater' at the decision of
> next autovacuum target.

I developed a different fix, which is possible due to the addition of
TimestampDifferenceExceeds to the TimestampTz API. (Thanks Tom).

It continues to work for me here, but please confirm that it fixes the
bug you reported -- I don't have a low-resolution platform handy.

Attachment Content-Type Size
autovac-timestamp.patch text/x-diff 3.4 KB