BUG #3253: 8.2.4 Installer Displays No Default Install Path and Browse Error 2864

From: "Gary Winslow" <gwinn7(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3253: 8.2.4 Installer Displays No Default Install Path and Browse Error 2864
Date: 2007-04-24 18:55:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3253
Logged by: Gary Winslow
Email address: gwinn7(at)earthlink(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
Operating system: Windows 2003 Server Standard SP1
Browse Error 2864
Details:

I have multiple versions concurrently running on my Windows 2003 Standard
Server SP1.

Version 8.1.8
Version 8.2.3

I am attempting to also install 8.2.4 as a preliminary step to upgrading my
database platform and it will not install..

Steps to Repro...
1. Have the prior mentioned Postgres versions installed.
2. Run the 8.2.4 Installer.
3. Select the 'Modify' option.
4. At the "Installation Options" screen, there is no install directory
presented. Problem #A
5. After clicking the 'Browse' option, the following error displays...

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2864."
Problem #B

6. Done. The problem has manifested

Yes, I know I am supposed to use the upgrade.bat file to upgrade, but I
wanted to have another separate clean install and reload my database into it
before switching over.

Thanks,
Gary
gwinn7