Re: Get information from SMNP

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: "Alexander B(dot)" <burbello3000(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Get information from SMNP
Date: 2007-04-21 07:04:21
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 05:28:30PM -0300, Alexander B. wrote:
> Who knows any information if it's possible to get some information about
> Postgres via smnp protocol and how can I do this?

The pgsnmpd project has been active lately; you might want to check
it out and join its mailing list:

If you have needs that pgsnmpd can't fulfill then you could write
a custom MIB and a custom AgentX subagent that plugs into a server's
regular SNMP agent.  This is easy to do with Net-SNMP and Perl, for

Some network management systems can run scripts that gather information
by some arbitrary mechanism.  If pgsnmpd can't do what you want and
writing a custom MIB and subagent is too much work then you might be
able to use such a mechanism.

Can you provide more information about what you're trying to do?
What information are you interested in gathering and what monitoring
system are you using?

Michael Fuhr