Re: lo_write and lo_import does not work!

From: Miguel García <rocho08(at)yahoo(dot)es>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: lo_write and lo_import does not work!
Date: 2007-04-18 14:21:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
It works!!

Thank you very much.

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Para: Miguel García <rocho08(at)yahoo(dot)es>
CC: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Enviado: miércoles, 18 de abril, 2007 16:02:47
Asunto: Re: [INTERFACES] lo_write and lo_import does not work!

Miguel García escribió:
> Hello,
> I have a little trouble using large objects with libpq an postgresql
> 8.2 in windows xp professional SP2.
> I want to save and load large objects from/to database, but its fails.
> If i try to use the lo_import() function
> #define FILE_IN "d:/question-icon.png"
> Oid file_oid = lo_import (conn, FILE_IN);
> file_oid always have 0 value, nevertheless the large object has been created in table
> pg_largeobject, but has no data.

I think your problem is that you are not running the commands inside a
transaction.  Large object IDs are closed at the end of the transaction
block, which is right after the lo_open unless you're calling BEGIN
first (or are not in autocommit mode, which is the default).

Alvaro Herrera

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: John DeSoiDate: 2007-04-19 02:03:12