Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Broken links in presskit

From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Broken links in presskit
Date: 2007-04-16 06:10:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-www
> Well, you only did the english version.  Are you saying that links got
> broken *after* translation?  That could be an issue I really didn't
> think of ... well, to be more accurate, I didn't think of any way to do
> anything about it.

Both. There was one broken link in the template that propagated to a lot of files (But some translators fixed it in their copy). and several different ones in
different translations.

> Suggestions?  The automated link checker mentioned?

That would help, but it can only get so far. I think for something as important as the press kit we need manual checking. I think it would help to ask the
translators to doublecheck all links after the page has gone up on the website.

> The issue is that we often don't get final translations until ~~ 3 days
> before the release, and we have a lot of them.  So I'm not sure checking
> by hand will help.

Well, if we run out of time it's still better to have it fixed a couple of days later than not at all.

/Magnus