Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists
Date: 2007-04-13 20:25:15
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I login to the web interface, as 'ALL' (so all lists are presented), then
> middle click on the posting itself so that it opens it in a new tab, and
> quickly go through an approve all the ones that need to be approved, skipping
> then ones that don't ... then i Use the 'select all' checkbox and
> 'reject-quiet' all the rest (minus the subscribe/unsubscribe requests, which
> just sit in the queue to expire or be accepted by the subscriber) ...

Ouch, I tried this in the past and found it really annoying.

> I don't do anything via email ... much too slow / painful ...

Yeah, I take exactly two seconds for each email. No browser, no
nothing, just a single keypress for each moderation request. Way too slow.

Now I understand why Greg talked about the need to "run the moderation
on his own schedule". If you're gonna take fifteen minutes to do it,
sure, you don't want to interrupt your normal email flow.