I have a need to run PostgreSQL on a windows 2000 server

From: "H(dot) Krenske" <hkrenske(at)tellsystems(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: I have a need to run PostgreSQL on a windows 2000 server
Date: 2007-04-05 04:48:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Can you point me to a location where I can get information to install and
configure PostgreSQL on a W2K server so that it can be accessed using and
the ODBC interface.

I program in powerbuilder and so far I have been able to use this strategy
in front of an early version of PostgreSQL running in RH7.2 as well as MS
SQL and Sybase SQL anywhere with very little code modification. (locking
was the only real issue).

However in front of PostgreSQL on windows 2000 it returns the error

SQLSTATE=08001
Could not connect to the server;
Could not connect to the remote socket.

Many thanks