Re: Proposal: include PL/Proxy into core

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Proposal: include PL/Proxy into core
Date: 2007-03-30 18:49:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hannu, Marko,

I, personally, think that it's worth talking about integrating these.
However, the old versions were definitely NOT ready for integration, and the
new versions went on the internet like a week ago.  Heck, I haven't even
downloaded them yet.

Can we address these on the 8.4 timeline?  That will give the rest of us in
the community time to download, try and debug the new SkyTools.  I know I'm
planning on testing them and will know a lot more about your code/performance
in a few months.  Is there a reason why getting PL/proxy into 8.3 is
critical?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun